URAD DAAL RECIPE
Urad daal is very easy to make and delicious. Sukhi urad dal is a very good tiffin option where in you can pack in some protein without making a messy affair. Learn how to make dry urad dal.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 - 3 people
1 cup Urad (white) daal / Split Black Urad
1 Onion sliced
1 Tomato diced (optional)
1tsp Ginger grated
1-2 Green chilies chopped
Coriander leaves finely chopped
1tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
2 cloves (laung)
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
Salt to taste
A pinch of Garam masala
Red chili powder to taste
1tsp lemon juice
How to make dry urad dal:
- Clean and wash the daal properly. Soak it in water for 10-15
- Boil it in 5 cups of water. Boil till it becomes soft. It should
not become pasty. Remove the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add cloves, bayleaves and cumin seeds,
allow to splutter.
- Now add ginger, onion and green chili and stir-fry till golden
- Add tomato (if using) and fry till it softens. Add all dry
masalas (turmericpowder, chili powder, salt) and fry for a moment.
- Now add daal and lemon juice, mix very gently.
- Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...