How To Make Khoya
5 cups Milk
Juice of 2 lemons(optional)
- Bring the Milk to boil in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and continue cooking at simmering point. Keep
stirring so that milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- As milk gets thicker stir more vigorously. The khoya is cooked
when the milk is reduced to a thick, dry lump and it has stopped
- Remove from the pan and leave it to cool. Use within fortnight.
- For more stylish khoya add lemon juice after the milk has boiled
so that the milk coagulates. Then proceed as before. This type of
khoya is particularly used for Burfi.