Here’s a tasty singhade (kuttu ka halwa) sweet dish and is best for those who are fasting. Learn how to make singhade ka halwa.
- 500 gm hare singhade (fresh water caltrop)
- 125 gm sugar
- 100 gm thickened milk (mawa)
- 1 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup milk (doodh)
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
- 5-6 cashew nut (kaju)
- 5-6 almond (badam)
- few drops of yellow colour (peela rang)
How to make kuttu ka halwa:
- Peel singhade and grate them.
- Fry singhade in a pan with ghee.
- Grate thickened milk and add to the above until it becomes light brown.
- Boil milk, sugar and 1 cup milk in a container.
- Add thickened milk and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Then add 2-3 drops of colour and remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with cardamom powder and finely chopped almond and cashew nuts and serve hot.