Lauki ke kofte ki sabji is the first recipe that comes to mind when thinking about lauki. Lauki kofta curry is the most popular and commonly eaten curry in North Indian households. Ghiya ke kofte are loved by one and all. Lets learn how to make lauki ke kofte ki sabji.
Ingredients for ghiya ke kofte:
- For the kofte:
- 2 1/2 cup grated Lauki
- 1/2 cup Besan
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp crushed dry corainder seeds
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 1/2 tsp chopped Coriander Leaves
- Salt to taste
- For the gravy:
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 medium Tomato
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Bayleaf
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/3 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tblsp Ghee
How to make lauki ke kofte ki sabji:
- Squeeze the water from the grated lauki. Keep the water for further use. Now mix all the ingredients under koftas. Mix properly. Do not add any extra water. Now make kofta balls.
- Fry the koftas in oil on medium flame. Do not fry on high flame otherwise the koftas will be uncooked and gooey from inside.Note: If the koftas are not taking round ball shape then roll them in maida before deep frying or add some more besan.
- In a blender add onion,tomato & ginger. Make a fine paste.
- Heat ghee. Add cloves, cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon & bayleaf. Once the spices release the aroma add the ground onion paste & saute for some time.
- Once paste gets brown evenly add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Again fry till all the
masalas are nicely cooked.
- Now add curd and let it cook the gravy releases oil.
- Add the lauki water and make the gravy of desired consistency.
- Boil the gravy.Finally add crushed kasuri methi and garam masala and again cook for 2-3 minute.
- Finally add the fried koftas.Cover & cook for another 4-5 minute.
- Garnish with slit green chillies and fresh finely chopped corander.
- Lauki ke kofte ki sabji is best served with roti, naan, rice and parantha.