1/2 cup ada
4 green cardamoms
1 tblsp sugar (cheeni)
1/4 cup pure ghee
2 tblsp sultanas
1 1/2 cups coconut (narial) (scraped)
1 cup palm jaggery (gud)
How to make ada pradhaman:
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee and fry the ada lightly.
- Grind the cardamoms with the sugar to a fine powder, sieve and keep aside. Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee and fry the cashewnuts and kishmish till light brown.
- Soak the coconut in 1 cup warm water, grind and extract thick milk. Repeat the process and make a second extract and keep aside. Crush the jaggery to fine powder and keep aside.
- Boil ada in 1 cup water and the second extract of coconut milk. The ada should remain soft but hold its shape.
- Add the jaggery and continue cooking till it thickens. Heat the remaining ghee and add to the pradhaman.
- Mix in the first extract of coconut milk, the fried dry fruits. Stir well and heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and serve at room temperature.