Methi ke pakode is fenugreek leaves gram flour fritters. Methi ke pakore or bhajiya are flavored with grated ginger, red chili powder and cumin seeds. A thick batter is made from gram flour to which fresh fenugreek leaves are added, and then it is deep fried. Methi pakora are best served with green chutney and hot tea or coffee during monsoon season. They make very good starter for parties or for picnics. Learn how to make methi pakora by following this easy recipe.
Total Time: 30 mins
- 1/4 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/4 cup fenugreek leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp rice powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1/4tsp red chili powder
- Oil for deep frying
How to make methi ke pakore :
- Take a bowl, mix gram flour, rice powder, cumin seed and red chili powder. Make a batter with the help of water.
- Start with just 1/2 cup water, keep stirring, and then keep adding water a little at a time till a semi –liquid batter is there. Make sure that the batter is not thin.
- Now add soda and 2 tsp oil and mix well.
- Now add the chopped fenugreek leaves, green chili, coriander leaves and grated ginger,Mix well.
- Keep a kadai filled with oil on medium flame.
- Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a smalldrop of batter in the oil. If it comes up immediately the oil is ready.
- Now drop spoonful of batter in the oil and fry till golden brown on both sides.
- Do not put too many at a time or they will not cook properly.
- Serve the hot methi ke pakore with tamarind and green chutney.