Spiced Kurkure murmure or roasted puffed rice are an excellent healthy evening / travel snack / tea time . It is not only healthy but light on the stomach too. Combination sugar and chaat masala makes it quite chatpata. Kids tend to love it. It hardly takes any time to make them. These roasted murmure are made in across India in various combinations and ingredients. You can add chopped garlic, chopped coconut. Instead of peanuts you can use roasted chane. You can also added roasted makhane and kaju too. Choices are numerous. every time you make it you can try a new combination. This is very healthy and yet at the same time reasonably filling snack that goes just right with a hot cup of evening tea.
Kurkure Murmure Namkeen | Spicy Murmure | Healthy Puffed Rice Namkeen
- Kadai / Pan
- Murmure (Puffed Rice)
- Moongphali (Peanuts)
- Roasted Chana Dal
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard Seeds
- 4 cups Murmure (Puffed Rice)
- 1/2 cup Roasted Gram Dal
- 1/2 cup Peanuts
- 15 – 20 Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 2 – 3 tblsp Powdered Sugar
- 2 tblsp Raisins (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida (Hing)
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala / Amchur
- 1/2 tsp Mint powder (Optional)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 – 3 tblsp Oil
How to Make kurkure murmure namkeen :
- In a heavy bottom kadai, lets first dry roast the puffed rice. Do not add any oil. On lowest flame dry roast till they turn crisp. You have to be patient. This may take 10 – 12 minutes. Do not be in a hurry to dry roast on high flame. The murmure have to dry roasted on low flame only.
- To test if the murmure are roasted pinch one of the murmura between your fingers. It should crumble into powder without any effort. If there is slight difficulty then dry roast slightly more. Do not be in a hurry.
- Once done take them out and keep aside.
- In the same kadai, heat the oil. Add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to spultter, add curry leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add asafetida, roasted gram dal and peanuts, sauté on high heat for three to four minutes stirring continuously. Check that the peanut is crunchy and crispy.
- Reduce heat to low and add raisins, cashewnuts (if using), turmeric powder, salt, chaat masala, black salt and chili powder. Mix well. Ideally salt should be kept very mild.
- Add the roasted rice puffs and mix well so all the grains are coated with the masala.
- Sprinkle mint powder and sugar, mix well and roast on low heat for another two – three minutes.
- Cool and store it in an airtight container.
Storage Tip Of Kurkure Murmure namkeen :
- Once the puffed rice cools down to room temperature pack it in a air tight container.