Khasta dal kachori is made of maida crust stuffed with urad dal filling and deep fried. Daal kachori is a very popular Rajasthani snack. Learn how to make khasta dal kachori.
- 3/4th cup skinless dried black beans (urad dhuli dal)
- 4 cups Flour (atta)
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tbsp anise seeds (Saunf)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp white cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4th tsp asafoetida powder
How to make khasta dal kachori:
- Soak the beans in water overnight then rinse and drain.
- Sift the flour and gradually add enough water to make soft dough.Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
- Grind the drained beans with the chili powder, salt and spices tomake stuffing. Mix well and divide it into 16 equal portions.
- Divide the dough into 16, using wet hands, and smear each portionwith a little oil.
- Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
- Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smoothball, using greased hands.
- Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
- Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan or a kadhai.
- Now lift the rolled kachori and carefully slip it into the hotoil.
- Immediately start flickering hot oil over the top of it with aspatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
- This should take only a few seconds. Flip the kachori over andcook the other side until golden brown.Serve the dal kachori hotwith chutney.