Cabbage pakora or fritters are a very unique pakora recipe. The crunchiness of the cabbage pakoras makes it simply an awesome experience to devour them. These cabbage pakoras are prepared by combining shredded cabbage with chick pea flour, rice flour, ginger
garlic paste and green chili. This mixture is then deep fried to golden brown in color. Cabbage Pakoda tastes great when served hot with chutney or tomato sauce. These cabbage pakora has a very quick and easy to follow recipe. Excellent choice if some unexpected guest arrive. Learn how to make cabbage pakoda.
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 3 – 4
- 3 cups Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green Chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Carrom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup Gram Flour
- 4 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
How to make cabbage pakora :
- Take sliced cabbage in a big bowl, add green chilies, cumin seed, carrom seeds. salt, ginger garlic paste, chili powder and turmeric .
- Mix everything together.
- Now add the rice flour, baking soda and gram flour and mix well. The batter which should be dry and thick and not watery.
- Heat oil in wok, make small balls and flatten these balls on your palm to make small discs from the above mixture. Keep aside.
- To check if the oil in the kadai is hot drop a small drop of the batter in the oil, if it pops up immediately that means the oil is ready.
- Now place 4 – 5 disc in the hot oil and deep fry until golden brown in colour from both sides. Do not put too many in the kadai at one go otherwise they will not fry evenly.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tomato sauce.
- Note: If you want you can keep the chopped cabbage rubbed with little salt aside for 15 minutes. Then take out all the water and then start wih the first step.