Baby Corn pakodas make a very good cocktail snack.Indian Baby Corn fritters are made by dipping the baby corn in thick chili garlic besan batter and then deep fried till they are golden brown and crisp. Learn how to make baby corn pakoras.
Total Time: 30 mins
Serves: 2 – 3
- 12-15 Baby Corn
- 1 cup Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 3 to 4 Garlic pods (peeled and crushed)
- 2 Green Chilies (finely chopped)
- Some ginger pieces (finely grated)
- 1 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp hot oil
- ½ tsp Chaat Masala (Optional)
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 small green onions (for garnishing)
How to make baby corn pakoda :
- Wash the baby corns and let them dry on a kitchen towel.
- Take a big bowl add all the flours, garlic, green chillies, ginger. Now adding little by little water make a thick batter. Mix it well without any lumps. Make sure to beat the batter for full 5 minutes so that the batter gets light.
- Add hot oil, chopped coriander, salt, soda and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a kadai/ wok. When the oil is hot, put a drop of the batter in the oil. If the drop comes up immediately that means the oil is ready.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Now take a baby corn and dip it in the batter such that it is evenly coated with it. Put it in the hot oil. Repeat the process for 4 – 5 more baby corns.
- Fry these baby corns till they are golden brown in color. Make sure not to overcrowd the kadai.
- Take them out and drain on absorbent paper.
- Garnish it with chopped green onions.
- Serve these hot baby corn pakoras with ketchup or chutney.