Tomato Rice recipeis a perfect lunch box special recipe. This is a fast and easy to cook tomato rice recipe. Perfect use of left-over rice. It is an desi twist on Mexican
rice. The amazing thing of this recipe is the touch of oregano in the end. These rice taste good whether served hot or cold. You can serve them with sour cream.
- 1 1/2 cup Boiled Rice
- 1 tbls Butter/Ghee
- 1 tblsp chopped onion
- 4 Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 5 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/2 cup chopped veggies(Carrot, Beans, Cabbage, Sweet Corn)
- 2 Green Chilles slit lengthwise
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat butter/ghee, add chopped onion and minced garlic. Once the onion garlic get little pink.
- Add the chopped vegetables. Stir fry them till they completely done.
- Add the tomato puree and green chillies.
- Let the puree cook till the fats begin to separate.
- Now add the cooked rice, salt and oregano .
- Mix well. Serve with sour cream.
- Tip : If you want you can garnish the rice with some grated cheese.