Learn how to make palak rice by cooking spinach and rice with onion, tomatoes and garam masala.
- 1/2 bunch (cut into small pieces) palak
- a pod garlic
- a small piece of ginger
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tomato
- a few sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 mashed potato
- 1 cup basamathi rice
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tblsp garam masala powder (optional)
- For Seasoning
- 1 tblsp mustard
- 1/2 tblsp urud and channa dal
- 1/2 tblsp green chillies and red chillies (cut into pieces)
How to make palak rice:
- First wash and cut the palak into small pieces and keep aside.
- Then cook the basmathi rice and set aside.
- Now take a wok, pour some oil and when the oil is hot, add all the seasoning ingredients and fry till done.
- Now add the onions, tomatoes and cut palak and nicely mix and close with a lid.
- Let the whole thing cook very well.
- When it is done, add garam masala powder if you want and saute for a minute.
- Take it wok from fire and add the rice and mix it well.
- Take a wok, pour some oil and put the mashed potatoes and roast it slightly and when done add the curry leaves and put into palak rice and mix well.
- Serve with raita.