This is a very delicious and nutritious recipe of carrot rice made from groundnuts, carrots and spices like cinnamon and cloves.
- 2 cup rice
- 2 onion
- 5 carrot
- 2 tsp fried groundnuts
- 2 tsp oil
- a small piece of cinnamon
- 1 tsp broken block gram
- 2 nos cloves
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp bengal gram
- a few sprigs curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- For Masala:
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 4 nos red chillies
How to make carrot rice:
- Heat the pan, pour the 1 tsp oil. Add red chillies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry till it turns brown.
- Add grated coconuts and remove from the heat. Grind it after it cools down.
- Grind seperately, the fried groundnuts coarsely.
- Cook the rice and let it cool.
- Put the carrots in warm water. Grate it without peeling the skin.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves, cinnamon, mustard, broken block gram and Bengal gram. Fry them.
- Add curry leaves and chopped onions. Once the onion is cooked, add the grated carrots. Fry till the carrots are cooked.
- Add rice and fry in a low flame. Add salt and the ground masala powder. Mix it well with the rice.
- Finally add groundnut powder and remove from the flame. Serve hot.