- 1-1/2 Cup Long Grain (Basmati) Rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 50 gms paneer (cut into small cubes and deep fried)
- A small bunch of methi (fenugreek) leaves (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 4-5 flakes of garlic (paste)
- 2-3 green chilies (chopped)
- 1/4th tsp. turmeric powder
- Red chili powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1tbsp oil/butter
How to make methi pulao:
- Wash methi properly and drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and add garlic paste and fry till light brown.
- Now add tomatoes, peas. Methi, green chilies, salt, chili powder and turmeric powder. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add rice and fry well for another 5 minutes.
- Add enough water and pressure cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fried paneer.
- Serve the methi (fenugreek) pulao hot with chilled raita.