Tomato onion raita is deliciously made with curd, tomato and onions seasoned with a tempering of mustard and cumin seeds, fresh curry leaves and spiced with some green chilies. Pyaz tamatar ka raita is generally served with rice and roties. Learn how to make tomato onion raita.
Serves: 2 – 3 people
- 2 cups plain curd / dahi
- 1 cup tomatoes and onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger (grated)
- 1/2 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp split black gram
- 1/4 tsp cumin seed, mustard seed
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
- 2-3 curry leaves
- Mix the tomatoes, onion and ginger. Add some salt and sugar to it and mix it well.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add curry leaves to it after that add split black gram fry it for few minute. As the dal turns brown add cumin seed and mustard seeds. When they start to pop add the green chili and fry for few seconds.
- Pour the above seasoning over tomato and onion mixture.
- Add the yogurt and mix it well.
- Serve it with roti or rice.