2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
oil to fry
5 -6 bitter gourd
salt to taste
2 medium sized onions
1 tsp dry mango powder
How to make karela masaledar :
- Take off and reserve the scrapings of the karelas.
- Give a slit on one side and take off all the seeds.
- Cut karelas into thin slices.
- Wash and rub two table spoons salt all over the karelas and its scrapings.
- Set aside for 3-4 hours.
- Wash completely again and squeeze dry the karelas.
- Heat up oil in kadhai.
- Deep fry the cut karelas till dark brown and crisp.
- Take off the karelas and keep aside.
- Slice onions.
- Heat up 3 tblsp of oil in a kadai.
- Mix in cut onions.
- Stir fry for 3-4 minutes till they are transluscent.
- Mix in scrappings of karela and let it stir fry till onions are a little brown.
- Mix in turmeric powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and red chilli powder.
- Mix in the fried karelas to the above mixture and stir fry covered on low heat up for 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in salt if needed.
- Serve hot with chappatis.