- 6 oz short cut macaroni
- 1 pint water
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- 1 pint milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 2 oz currants (kishmish)
- 2 oz sultanas
- 1 oz butter
- grated nutmeg (jaiphal)
How to make macaroni fruit pudding:
- Boil the macaroni in the water with salt added 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add the milk, bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Remove from heat, stir in beaten egg and the syrup.
- Add the cleaned fruit and the butter, mix well.
- Pour into a buttered pie-dish, grate nutmeg over.
- Bake in moderate oven for 30 minutes.