- 250 grams dry Dates (Khajoor)
- 1 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 5 teaspoons Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 5 teaspoons aniseed powder
- 2 teaspoons white cumin powder
- 3/4 or 1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
- Salt (Namak) to taste
How to make dry dates pickle:
- Boil the dates until a little tender.
- Remove the stones and keep them whole.
- Dry with a clean cloth.
- Mix all the ground ingredients together with a little salt and fill in the dates.
- Keep the dates in clean jar.
- Mix a little salt with lemon juice and pour over the dates, taking care that dates must be covered with lemon juice.
- Keep aside for 7 days.
- Shake the jar every other day and serve after one week.