Here is a delicious and low calorie kala chana salad recipe for weight watchers. Black chana is very high in dietery fibre. Begin your day with this healthy salad. It is very easy to make.
Serves : 2
Cooking time : 30 mins
- 2 potato (alu)
- 1cup kala chana (Black chickpeas)
- 1 medium onion (pyaj)
- 1 medium tomato (tamatar)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania)
- few mint (pudina) leaves
- 2 tsp lemon (nimbu) juice
- 2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds (anar ke dane)
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera)
- 1 1/2 tsp chat masala
- salt to taste
- Soak the kala chana for 6-7 hours.
- Then drain out the water and boil them with 1/2 tsp salt and 3 – 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
- To check if they are properly cooked or not press one chana between your fingers, if it mashes then they are done. Strain them and keep aside.
- Cut the boiled potatoes into 1/2 ” cubes.
- Chop the onion and tomatoes also into cubes.
- Finely chop coriander and chilly.
- Now take a big bowl and mix together lemon juice, jeera powder, little salt and chat masala.
- Then add aloo, chana, hari mirch, tomatoes, onions and corainder leaves. Mix properly.
- Dish out in a serving plate and garnish with anar ke dana and mint leaves and serve fresh.
- Boil the chana before hand this will save you time.
- You can replace the kala chana with kabuli chana.