- 500 gms Broccoli
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 inches Celery Stalk
- 4 cups Stock or water
- 1 Cup Low fat milk
- Salt to taste
- White pepper powder to taste
How to make broccoli soup:
- Cut broccoli into small florets and wash well. soak in salted water for ten to fifteen minutes and drain.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic. wash and chop celery stalk.
- Boil or dry roast almonds on medium heat till almond skin changes its colour slightly. remove from heat, cool it and slice them into slivers.
- Heat vegetable stock or water with chopped onion, garlic andcelery. bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets and continue to cook without covering the pan. cook for five to seven minutes or till broccoli is tender.
- Remove from fire, cool and puree it in a blender.
- Add milk to pureed broccoli. mix well. bring to a boil again..
- Add salt and white pepper powder to taste. stir in toasted almond slivers and serve hot.