Mushroom and pineapple sauted and mixed with white sauce and served on toasted bread.
- 6 bread slices
- 100 g. butter
- 2 (100 g.) onions, chopped fine
- 10 g. pineapple slice, chopped fine
- 250 g. fresh mushrooms, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 150 ml. milk
- 50 ml. fresh cream
- 1/2 cup (100 g.) white sauce
How to make mushroom basket:
- Place two bread slices side by side on a greased baking tray.
- Place two bread slices over each slice and press gently.
- Scoop out the centre soft portion of the two bread slices to make two boxes.
- Toast them till brown.
- Heat butter and fry the onion till translucent. Add pineapple and mushrooms.
- Add salt, pepper and milk. Saute till done and dry. Remove from heat.
- When cool, fold in the fresh cream and white sauce.
- Pour the mixture into the bread boxes.
- Bake in a hot oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serves: Four
- Time required: 25 + plus baking time