A super easy kheer recipe for beginners with very few ingredients. This is the right dessert to kick start your culinary journey in Indian cuisine. This kheer recipe needs very few ingredients. Milk, rice, sugar and easily found in any Indian kitchen. Serve chilled this Indian dessert tastes divine.
Few Ingredients Kheer:
- 1 litre Full Cream Milk
- 4 tblsp Rice
- 4 tblsp Sugar
- 1 – 2 Elaichi Powdered
- Sliced Pistachio (optional)
How to make kheer with few ingredients:
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 mins.
- In a heavy bottom pan boil the milk.
- After the first boil add the soaked rice. Cook fo approximately 20 – 25 mins or till the rice gets soft and crushed.
- It is important to keep stirring from time to time or the rice will stick to the bottom and taste bad.
- Now add sugar and keep stirring. Also add powdered / crushed eliachi.
- Keep stirring till the suagr gets dissolved evenly. Switch off the flame.
- Either serve hot or chill it for few hours before serving.
- Garnish with sliced pista or almonds.