Here’s a delicious, simple uttapam recipe easy to make. Uttapam is slihtly thicker than the cheela. Uttapams can be prepared in just under an hour.
Rava Uttapam | Instant Sooji Uttapam
Rava uttapam is very simple, easy, rustic breakfast item. Just soak the rava for an hour and mix salt. Your uttapam batter is ready. No waiting for hours. Choose any kind of toppings – Tomatoes, Onions, Grated Carrots, Chillies and Coriander. They all taste different. Serve them with green chutney or sauce.
- Tawa / Non Stick Tawa
- Suji (Semolina)
- Mix Vegetables
- 2 cup Suji (Semolina)
- 1 cup Sour Curd (Khatta Dahi)
- 1 tsp Salt (namak)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 3 Onion (Pyaj)
- 2 Tomato (Tamatar)
- 1 piece Ginger (Adrak)
- 2 Green Chilly (Hari Mirch)
- 1 tsp finely chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patti)
- Oil for cooking
How to Make instant rava uttapam :
- Mix together sooji, curd and salt with 1/2 cup water.
- Cover it and leave for 2 hours.
- Finely chop pyaj, hari mirch, tomato and dhania.
- Mix red chilly powder in batter. If you do not want then leave it.
- Heat a non stick pan/tawa and spread 1 tblsp batter in a circular shape of 3 – 4 inch diameter .
- Now you can sprinkle vegetables of your choice.
1. Tomato Coriander Green Chilly
2. Onion Green Chilly Coriander
3. Mix vegetable – onion, tomato, green chillies, coriander and grated carrot.
- Cook at low flame and grease from all side and now flip it and cook on the other side till golden crisp.
- If the batter sticks on a tawa, add little salt to the oil and grease the edges so that uttapam will not stick on tawa.
- Important Tip : Cook it at low flame to make it tastier.
Side dish Options – What To Serve With Rava Uttapam :
- Chutneys : Green Chutney, Coconut Chutney, Tomato Ketchup.
- Chai: Serve with hot masala chai, Aadrak Elaichi chai