Here is a tempting, scrumptious uttapam recipe. Learn how to make kaju uttapam.
- 2 cup rice (chawal)
- 1 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
- 2 onion (pyaj)
- 2 tomato (tamatar)
- 2 green chilly (hari mirch)
- a piece ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (dhania patti)
- 15-16 cashew nut (kaju)
- 1 tsp salt (namak)
- oil for cooking
How to make kaju uttapam:
- Soak rice and dal separately for about 6 hours.
- Then grind them separately.
- Mix them in a container and add salt.
- Cover and leave for fermentation for 12 hours.
- Finely chop adrak, pyaj, hari mirch, tomato and dhania.
- Cut kaju also into pieces.
- Mix lal mirch in chawal batter.
- Heat a non stick pan/tawa and spread 1 tbsp batter on it.
- Spread chopped vegetables and kaju on it.
- Cook at low flame and grease it on the corners and turn it tocook the other side.
- Serve it hot.
- If the batter sticks on a tawa, add little salt to the oil andgrease the corners so that uttapam will not stick on tawa.
- Cook it at low flame to make it tastier.