Super delicious besan pyaz ka paratha. When you want something easy and quick for breakfast or lunch, this besan onion paratha is just right. They are just right when there is nip in the air. They can be made easily and relished with curd or pickle along with apiping hot cup of tea. These parathas are quite filling as it is rich in fibre. This is just the right recipe for days when you really want to eat something delicious but don’t want to put in too much effort.
- 1/4 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 – 3 Green Chillies chopped
- 1 -2 tblsp Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- 3 pods Garlic chopped finely (optional)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Atta)
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Jeera Seeds (Cumin)
- Salt to taste
How to make besan onion paratha :
- Take whole wheat flour, salt, 1/2 tsp Jeera Seeds and 1/2 tsp Ajwain. Mix well and then using little by little water, knead a soft dough for paratha. Cover it with a wet cloth and keep aside for later use.
- In a pan dry roast the besan on low flame. Keep stirring constantly or else the besan will get burnt and get dark in color. As soon as a sweet aroma begins to spread immediately close the flame and transfer the roasted besan in a bowl.
To prepare the stuffing :
- In a bowl with roasted besan add finely chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves, chopped garlic, red chilly powder, amchur powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the 2 tsp Oil and mix the besan mixture to make it wet. Keep aside.
- Now take a small ball of atta dough and roll a small 3 inch diameter circle.
- Place some stuffing mixture in the center and and make a small ball out of it. Make sure the stuffing does not come out.
- Now roll a paratha using the dry atta.
- Heat a tawa and cook one paratha at a time. Cook one paratha from both sides using some oil till golden and crisp. Keep the flame to medium flame. Let them cook gradually.
- Your easy besan pyaz ka paratha is ready and can be served with plain dahi and aam ka achar.
- Add 1/2 tsp of roughly powdered Saunf (Fennel Seeds) to the stuffing to try another variation.
- You can also use 1/4 tsp Kalonji (Nigella Seeds) for another flavor.