Here is a very yummy tamatar khajur ki chutney. It is easy to make.
Tomatoes (chopped) 5-6
Dates (chopped) 250 gms.
Oil 1 tsp.
Mustard Seeds 1/4 tsp.
Green Chilli (chopped) 1
Salt to taste
Jaggery (grated) 3/4 cup
Cumin Seeds (roasted And Powdered) 1/2 tsp.
Raisins 3 tbsps.
Sugar 1/4 cup
How to make tamatar khajur ki chutney:
- Wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Remove the seeds and chop the dates.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add chopped tomatoes, chopped green chilli and salt. Mix.
- Add chopped dates and ½ cup of water. Add roasted cumin seed powder, raisins and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mash the tomatoes a little, add grated jaggery and sugar. Add a little water if required. Cook till the jaggery has dissolved and blended well with the tomatoes.