Paaya Nahari is a typical hyderabadi cuisine. It is a dish made from trotters. A rather unusual and typical hyderabadi recipe.
8 nos. Trotters
2 nos. Onions
1 tblsp Coriander seeds
1 tblsp Jeera
4 nos. Brinjals
4 nos. Dagad phool
2 pieces Cinnamon
6 nos. Cloves
6 nos. Black pepper
4 nos. Cardamoms (green)
As per taste Salt
How to make paaya nahari:
- Clean and cut the paaya into three pieces.
- Tie the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves, dagad phool, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and cardamoms in a small muslin cloth and secure the ends to form a small pouch.
- Add enough water to the paaya and place over heat.
- Add the chopped onions and the spice pouch along with salt as per taste.
- Cook the gravy on slow fire, preferably over charcoal for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove the spice cloth and serve. Nahari is served in the morning.
- Narhari cooked overnight on a slow fire and served for breakfast is delicious.
- Serve hot with bread or rice.