Kachchi biryani is another recipe for hyderabadi murgh biryani. Hope you like it.
1 kg Chicken legs
600 grams Basmati rice
4 medium Sliced onions
10 grams Ginger paste
12 grams Garlic paste
8 grams Red chilli powder
1 bunch Coriander leaves
1 bunch Mint leaves
4 nos. Green chillies
5 nos. Cardamoms (green)
6 nos. Cloves
2 inches Cinnamon
5 grams Peppercorns
3 grams Mace
200 grams Curds
3 tblsp Lemon juice
100 ml Milk
2 grams Saffron
100 ml Oil
30 ml Ghee
As per taste Salt
How to make kachchi biryani:
- Pick, wash and soak the rice for 30-40 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Finely chop the coriander and mint leaves. Grind the green chillies to a fine paste.
- Soak the saffron in warm milk. Grind mace, green cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and peppercorn to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, mix together well beaten curds, red chilli powder, salt, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, mint and coriander leaves, lemon juice, powdered spices and fried onions (crush the onions before adding them).
- Rub the chicken legs with this marinade and marinate it for 2 hours.
- Boil atleast 5 ltrs of water with a little salt.
- When the water starts boiling add the soaked rice.
- In the meantime, transfer the marinated chicken into a deep bottomed pan which has a tight lid.
- Once the rice starts boiling, drain the water and layer the rice over the marinated chicken in the deep pan.
- Sprinkle the saffron-milk mixture over the rice and chicken. Add the ghee.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook on a high temperature till it just starts steaming.
- Then cook on a medium flame till the chicken is tender and all the moisture is absorbed.
- Transfer the contents gently into a serving dish. Serve garnished with mint leaves and ginger juliennes