- 1 package (18-1/4 oz) White Cake Mix
- 1 container (16 oz) prepared Vanilla Frosting
- 2 tblsp Vegetable Oil or Butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1-1/3 cup Water
- 3 Egg Whites
- 3-4 drops Red Liquid Food Coloring or 1/4 tsp Gel Food Coloring
- 1/2 cup crushed Peppermint Candies (about 16 candies)
How to make peppermint cupcakes:
- Place in a line 25-30 muffin pan cups with pink paper baking cups.
- Beat cake mix, water, egg whites, oil, peppermint extract and food coloring with mixer at low speed for 30 seconds.
- For next 2 minutes beat at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups (filling 3/4 full).
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 350°f for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Let is cool in pans on wire racks for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes to racks from pans.
- Let it cool completely on wire racks.
- Evenly spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle with crushed candies.