1 cup kotu ka atta (buckwheat up flour)
1/4 cup finely cut coriander leaves
1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
ghee or vegetable oil for frying
3 medium sized potatoes (boiled whole till half-cooked)
1/2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt) or to taste
How to make kotu aloo pakora :
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and coriander in round dish and mix well.
- Mix in water and cream into a smooth batter.
- Cream the batter until it is of cream consistency.
- Cover and keep aside for about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are cool enough, take off and slice each one into diagonal slices.
- Heat up enough ghee or oil for deep-frying in a kadhai over moderate heat.
- Put few slices of potato into the batter and cover them completely.
- One at a time, lower each slice of batter-coated potato into the hot oil.
- Fry as many slices as will float on the surface of the oil without touching.
- Fry on both sides until reddish gray and crisp.
- Serve hot as the fitters soften as they cool.