Dahi bhalle is the most delectable and liked chaat in North India. Dahi bhalla is made of fried lentil balls served with yougurt and some chutneys. Learn how to make dahi bhalla.
Serves : 5 – 6
Total time : 3hrs
- 1 cup urad duli dal (split black gram)
- Pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1 chopped green chilly
- Little chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped kaju
- 1 tsp kishmish
- 1 small tsp grated coconut
- Salt to taste
For the dahi:
- 2 cups thick yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp dry roasted jeera powder
- 1 tsp blak salt
- 2 tbl Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Few pomegranate seeds (Optional)
How to make punjabi dahi bhalle with yogurt:
- Soak the dal for 2 hrs in water and keep aside.
- Then take out extra water and add all the ingredients of the bhalle except oil and grind it into a mixture.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl.
- In a kadai heat oil for frying.
- Now take a tablespoon of the mixture on your palm and then flatten it out.
- Place some filling in the centre.
- Now with the help of water close the sides of the mixture on the hand. It should look like a half moon.
- Place them in the hot oil and fry then till golden crisp.
- Now dip them in some water for ½ hour.
- Beat the yogurt and add milk and sugar to it.
- Gently squeeze water from the bhalle and place them in half the beaten yogurt mixture.
- Now in a serving plate lay out the dahi and bhalla and then pour some beaten dahi on them and sprinkle some jeera powder and black salt powder and some sweet tamarind chutney.
- Garnish dahi bhalle with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.