Bhaang pakore is a speciality dish eaten by the people during the festival of Holi. Bhaang pakora are a popular snack during holi festivities. Here is the recipe for bhang ke pakore.
- 250 gms Besan (gram flour)
- 200 gms Potatoes (aloo)
- 200 gms Cauliflower (gobhi)
- 150 gms Onions (pyaj)
- 100 gms Spinach (palak)
- 200 gms Brinjal (baigan)
- 10 gms Bhang (cannabis) seed powder
- 2 gms Soda-bicarb
- 5 gms Ajwain (carom seeds)
- 5 gms Pomegranate seed powder (anardana)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep-frying
How to make bhaang pakora :
- Wash and cut the vegetables in big chunks.
- Mix together besan, soda-bicarb and salt together.
- To this mixture add bhang seed powder, ajwain, red chili powder, and pomegranate seed powder.
- Now add enough water to make batter of dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Dip the vegetable pieces one by one in the batter such that they get completely smeared with the batter from all around.
- Then deep fry them on medium fire till golden crisp.
- Bhaang pakora are ready and can be served hot.