Palak puri is made by mixing wheat flour with pureed spinach and other spices. It is best enjoyed hot with mango chutney and chili pickle. Spinach puri served with potato curry makes a good lunchbox recipe. Learn how to make palak poori by following this easy recipe.
2 cups wheat flour
1/2 kg fresh spinach (washed)
2-3 tsp clarified butter or ghee
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp green chili paste
1 tsp cumin seed (crushed)
1/2 cup plain curd
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
How to make palak puri:
- Blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water.
- Remove the spinach leaves from the water and make it into a paste.
- Mix the palak paste with wheat flour and add crushed cumin seeds, plain curd, ghee, ginger- green chilli paste and salt.
- Make a soft smooth dough by mixing all the ingredients and some water as per requirement. Make sure that the dough is firm and tight & not too watery. Otherwise it will be difficult to roll out puris.
- Keep the dough covered for about 10 minutes with a wet muslin cloth.
- Knead the dough again for a minute and then divide the dough into equal sized lemon balls and roll them each in a flat round disc of 5 inch diameter.
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadai and fry each of the puris on both sides till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot palak puri with curd, chilli pickle or potato sabji.