1 kg thick curd
3/4 cup powdered sugar
a few strands saffron
1 tbsp warm milk
2 tbsp cardamom powder (elaichi)
For the garnish
Pistachios and Almonds
How to make shrikhand:
- Hang the curds in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approximately 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.
- Rub the saffron into the warm milk until it dissolves.
- Mix together the hung curds, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom in a bowl and churn using a hand blender.
- Place in the refrigerator.
- Serve gujarati shrikhand cold garnished with slivers of pistachios and almonds.