1 1/2 litremilk
saffrona few strands
1/2 cup almonds
8 – 10 pistachios
3/4 cup sugar
2 tblsp sunflower seeds (chironji)
How to make asoondi :
- Soak almonds in warm water to blanch.
- Take off the skin.
- Reserve a few for garnishing and make a paste of the rest.
- Slice almonds reserved for decorate and pistachio nuts.
- Wash and strain chironji.
- Bring milk to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) over low heat up till milk coats the back of the spoon.
- Stir in almond paste dissolved in half a cup of water or milk and mix well.
- Mix in sugar and saffron and stir fry till sugar gets fully dissolved.
- Chill and serve decorated with pista, chironji and almonds.