5 cup water
salt to taste
1 pinch sugar
5 -6 petals gamboge (kokum)
1 pinch asafoetida
a few sprigs coriander leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chilli
How to make tival :
- Soak the gambog in the water for about 10 –15 minutes or till it gives colour and flavour to the water.
- Take off the gambog.
- Wash and de-seed the green chilli, cut finely mix in to the flavoured water.
- Mix in a pinch of asfoetida.
- Roast the cumin seeds, powder and mix in to the water.
- Mix in salt and sugar, mix well.
- Wash and cut the coriander leaves and mix in the above mixture.
- Chill in a freezer and serve chilled.