1/2 bottle toddy
1 tblsp sugar
1 cup coconut scraped
2 cup rice
Salt to taste
How to make sannas :
- Wash and soak rice overnight.
- In a blender grind the rice and coconut separately with toddy to make a thick batter.
- If necessary more toddy can be added to get the right consistency.
- Leave in a warm put and let the mixture ferment for 4 hours.
- Mix in sugar and salt.
- Put a tablespoonful of batter into each idli mould and steam in a steamer on medium heat up till the sannas are fluffy and done.
- Serve hot.