Makhana Kheer is the easiest and most delicious kheer recipe to make. Its creamy texture tastes yum whether served hot or cold.This Indian foxnut kheer pudding is simple, healthy and delectable. This phool makhana recipe is an excellent way of adding makhanas or foxnuts in our food menu. Generally this kheer is served during fasts or vrats or as Prassad. Learn how to make phool makhane ki kheer.
Total Time: 1 hr
Serves: 3 – 4
- 100gms soft White Makhanas (Foxnuts)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 5 cups milk
- 4 tbsp sugar or as desired
- 1 tbsp shredded almonds
- 1 tblsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp grated pistachios
- 1 tsp green cardamom seeds (crushed)
How to make makhana ki kheer :
- In a heavy bottom vessel heat the ghee and roast the makhanas for 4 -5 mins till they get crunchy.
- Crush them a coarsely and keep them aside.
- In the same vessel heat the milk and let it simmer on low flame till it gets reduced to half the quantity of the original amount and of a creamy consistency.
- During this period stir from time to time so that milk does not sticks to the bottom of pan.
- Now add the crushed makhanas and raisins and crushed cardamoms.
- Let the makhanas cook till they get soft.
- Switch off the flame and add sugar and dry fruits.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pista and serve makhana keer hot or cold, as desired.