- 360 gms Apricots (Khumani)
- 1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tsp Salt (Namak)
- 1/2 level tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 big Cardamom (Elaichi Moti), crushed
- 1/4 kg Sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 tea-spoons long strips of ginger
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tea-spoons raisins
- 8 blanched almonds
How to make apricot chutney:
- Put apricots in boiling water till soft..
- Peel and mash the apricots
- Strain the pulp and wash the stones of apricots with one cup of water.
- Cook apricot pulp, ginger, garlic and water of washed stones, almonds and raisins till all the water is absorbed.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt, cardamoms and red chili pepper and cook till is thick and golden brown
- Put it in jar. This can be kept for one year.