- 250 grams raw Mangoes (Aam), peeled and sliced
- 250 grams cooking Apples (Seb), peeled and sliced
- 2 big cardamoms (Elaichi Moti), crushed
- 1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 level teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 3/4 Sugar (Cheeni)
- 3 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
- 4 cloves Garlic (Lasun)
- 1 teaspoon long ships of Ginger (Adrak)
- 4 teaspoons Raisins (Kishmish)
- 8 Almonds (Badam), blanched
How to make apple and mango chutney:
- Cook mangoes and apples in water with ginger and garlic till tender and the water is absorbed.
- Add vinegar, sugar, almonds, red chili powder, cardamoms and raisins and cook till a little thick.
- Cool, pour into jar, cork it tightly.