Verusenaga, or peanuts are roasted with cocnut and other spices and ground into a powder to make this tasty podi or chutney.
2 c peanuts
2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 stem curry leaves
3 tsp red chili powder (lal mirch)
2 whole dried red chilies (sabut lal mirch)
3 tblsp dry cocnut powder
10-15 cloves of garlic.
1 tblsp oil
Salt to taste
How to make verusenaga podi:
- First roast the peanuts in a pan without any oil.
- Once they are done, take out the skin by rubbing them together in your hands.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and put in all the rest of the ingredients except salt.
- Fry them for around 5-10 minutes and take off the heat.
- Now put this mixture and the peanuts in a grinder and make into a powder.
- Store it and serve with meals