METHI PULAO RECIPE
11/2 Cup Long Grain (Basmati) Rice
1 cup green peas
50gms paneer (cut into small cubes and deep fried)
A small bunch of methi (fenugreek) leaves (chopped)
2 tomatoes (chopped)
4-5 flakes of garlic (paste)
2-3 green chilies (chopped)
1/4th tsp. turmeric powder
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
How to make methi pulao:
- Wash methi properly and drain the water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the pan and add garlic paste and fry till light
- Now add tomatoes, peas. Methi, green chilies, salt, chili powder
and turmeric powder. Stir-fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add rice and fry well for another 5 minutes.
- Add enough water and pressure cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fried paneer.
- Serve the methi (fenugreek) pulao hot with chilled raita.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...