DAL MAHARANI RECIPE
1/4 cup Rajma
1/4 cup Whole Urad dal
1/4 cup Chana dal
1 Onions, chopped
2 Tomatoes, chopped
3 Green chillies, sliced
1/2 inch Ginger, Grated
Salt To taste
1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1 tbsp Handful Butter
1/4 cup Cream
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Soak rajma, urad daal and chana dal overnight.
- Pressure cook the urad dal, chana dal and rajma. Mash them a
little. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry
until they splutter. Add ginger and chillies.
- Fry for few minutes. Add chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook until
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add the mashed dals and boil for few minutes.
- Add cream, corainder leaves and mix well. Serve the dal maharani
hot with roti.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...