SWEET TINDA PICKLE RECIPE
1 1/4 kg tinda, peeled and cut into big pieces
3 teaspoons Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
2 teaspons black pepper
8 teaspoons mustard powder
3 teaspoons ground spices
60 grams Tamarind (Imli)
2 teaspoons ground Ginger (Adrak)
2 Onions (Pyaj)
180 grams jaggery
1 1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
1 cup Vinegar (Sirka)
30 grams Salt (Namak)
How to make sweet tinda pickle:
- Soak the tamarind in vinegar.
- Grind garlic and onion.
- Heat the oil until smoky and fry garlic and onion paste until light brown.
- Add ginger, Red chili pepper , and tinda pieces and fry.
- Stir in spices, mustard, salt, pepper, crushed jaggery and tamarind with vinegar and cook for a few minutes.
- Cool, put in jar and keep in the sun for 3 days and shake it every other day.
- Serve after 5 days in summer and in winter after one week.