LACHHA PARATHA RECIPE
Whole Wheat Flour (Atta) as per consumption
1 tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
Butter/Ghee (Pure ghee) for frying
Water for kneading
How to make lachha parantha:
- Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta), 1tbsp oil & salt,
as you would do for any paratha/roti.
- Make dough 30 minutes before and cover it with moist muslin
- Take a Ping-Pong ball size lump of dough. Now roll it into a
circle of appox. 5 to 6 " diameter using dry flour.
- Heat the ghee so that it turns to liquid.
- Now spread the ghee properly over entire surface.
- Using a knife make a 2" cut lengthways and fold it inwards
- Spread Oil on every fold. Now press it lightly towards the center
to show the layers clearly and roll like a paratha. (Refer the
- Cook on a pre-heated Tawa (flat griddle plate).
- Turn the lachha paratha and pour half tablespoon oil or butter.
- Spread it on the paratha and shallow fry over low heat.
- Turn it and again pour oil or butter on the other side. Cook the
lachha parata on a low heat till golden brown.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...