VAGHARELO BHAAT RECIPE
1 1/2 cups Basmati rice
1 1/2 cups Potatoes, diced
1 cup Green peas
1 cup Carrots, diced
1 stick Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chilli powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala
3 tbsp Ghee
Salt To Taste
- Wash and drain the rice. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a cooker, add the cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds
and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the asafoetida, vegetables and salt and stir for few minutes
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala and rice and
stir again for 5 minutes till it is evenly mixed.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, cover the lid. Cook using the weight.
- Serve vargharelo bhaat hot with kadhi and papad.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...