LEELVA NU BHAAT RECIPE
2 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
2 tblsp green chilli paste
2 red chillies whole
2 cup rice
3 tblsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 sprig green garlic chopped
1/2 tblsp ginger paste
salt to taste
a pinch asafoetida
250 gms broad bean seeds (leelva)
How to make leelva nu bhaat :
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for half an hour.
- Remove away all the water.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai.
- Mix in mustard seeds, asafoetida and broken red chillies.
- When they start to crackle mix in leelva and ginger and green chilli pastes.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Mix in rice.
- Stir fry for few minutes.
- Mix in four cup of boiling water.
- Lower the heat up to simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) and stir fry until all the water has been absorbed.
- Serve hot, decorated with cut coriander and cut green garlic.