Indian Diet During Pregnancy
Pregnant ladies should have a balanced
diet during pregnancy. This article provides an insight into what kind
of Indian diet should be taken during pregnancy.
Pregnant mothers always wonder that
what they should eat & what not. Some says a mother should take the
diet of two people because she needs to take care of one more life. But
is it true, if yes what they should eat & if not how the baby will
get proper diet to grow as a healthy child. When you will consult with a
doctor they will say a pregnant mother must take a balanced diet. So
that mother & child both gets a proper nutrition for their body.
Basically Balanced diet must contain some or other thing from the entire
food group. Not only this but balanced diet also meant to keep track on
the proper quantity, quality & reaction or allergy of any food on
mother. Following tips will help you and your baby stay healthy.
- As it has been strictly prescribed by doctors that intake of
Vitamin A must be controlled because it may cause damage to embryo.
- Cabbage, Cauli-flower & all long green vegetables such as
Tondali, Turai, Louki, Parwal, Spinach, Govari should be used
alternately. You must keep balance, rather than eating same
vegetable all the time.
- Reduce brinjal, suran/yam, papaya, celery, onion, chilli, garlic,
ginger, pepper, asfoetida, mustard, bajara, carom seeds, jaggery
from your diet. You must remember that those who have previous
history of abortion better they must avoid these.
- Those who suffer from constipation, gas, bloating must avoid peas
and other `heavy to digest' cereals, potato. They must take green
gram as it is easy to digest and gives protein.
- Black grapes, banana, ripe mango, dates, cashewnuts, apricot are
- Butter, clarified butter, milk, honey, fennel seeds, sweets made
from jaggery rather than white sugar can be taken in small quantity.
- Rice, Murmure, pulao, Bhakari, Khichri, Chapati, Paratha,
Gujarati thepla are the items made from wheat and rice, so they are
- Items such as sandwich, bakery bread, bun, dhokla, pizza, handva,
pancake, khaman, steamed rice cake, curd, tomato, tamarind, kadhi
usually increase the swellings and acidity. So, try to avoid such
item but if such problems do not exist, you can take in small
- Indian women try to carry out fasts during pregnancy which is not
good for health.
- Do not eat left over, frozen & deep-frozen food.
- Avoid cold drinks, mutton, cocoa, chicken, eggs, alcohol,
smoking, tobacco, betel nut, pan-masala but tea, coffee &
ice-creams can be taken in small quantity.
- Remember, the baby inside depends on you for proper nutrition.
So, if you will take healthy & balanced diet your child will
- During pregnancy, mother must focus on supplemental nutrients
while maintaining a balanced and nutritious diet. They must get a
list of healthy Indian foods and meal planning tips from doctor to
eat well during a pregnancy.
Indian women must maintain a high quality diet during their pregnancy
to get a healthy, fit & fine baby. Now start following your diet
chart to become a healthy mom.
Looking for a Chinese meal? Or would you rather splurge on a Thai dinner? Click to find out who's serving what, where and when...