Paneer Pasanda is delectable and very exotic dish made with fried paneer pieces stuffed with dry fruits and then served in an aromatic rich creamy gravy. Paneer Pasanda can be enjoyed with naan or zafrani pulao. Learn how to make Paneer Pasanda restaurant style by following easy recipe.
Total Time: 1 hrs
Serves: 2 – 3
- 250 gms Fresh Paneer
- 50 gms Khoya
- 10 gms Cashewnuts and Raisins
- 3 medium Onions
- 4 medium Tomato (Blanched)
- 2 Green Cardomom
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 green Chilly Slit
- 2 tblsp Maida
- 2 tblsp Cornflour
How to make Paneer Pasanda :
- Keep 50 gms paneer aside
- Cut the rest of paneer in equal sized triangle or square pieces. Give a slit to each piece thru the center so that it creates a pocket in every piece.
- In a bowl mix together some grated paneer, khoya raisins, amuchur powder, chopped cashew nuts, salt, finely chopped chilli, finely chopped green coriander.
- Now stuff each triangle paneer center with this stuffing.
- In a small bowl mix equal qunatity of corflour and maida and add water little by little and make a paste of dripping consistency.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan and then dip each paneer triangle in this batter and shallow fry them from all sides till golden.
- To make the gravy in a heavy bottom pan add bay leaf, green cardamom, black cardomon and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds begin to sputter add the chopped onion and fry till pink and translucnet.
- Now add the ginger garlic paster and cook till the raw smell disappars.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and salt and cook till nicely done and soft.
- Add cashew nuts, red chilly powder and dhania powder.
- Add some crushed kasoori methi and some water. Cook for a minute and then switch off the flame and let the masala cool.
- Once cool blend the whole mixture into a smooth paste.
- Now in a separate pan heat some oil and add the fine paste and cook for few minutes and add 1 tsp of sugar and then add some water to get the desired consistency.
- Later add some cream, garam masala and the paneer fried pieces. Do not cook for long as the cream will curdle.
- Garnish with green coriander and some cream.
- Paneer Pasanda is ready to be served with Butter Naan or Tandoori Roti.