An easy no fuss mutton fry recipe. A very easy to make dry mutton fry Indian style recipe which can served as a starter or appetizer. The real trick is to slow cooking and lots of patience. The slow cooking really gives this dish a beautiful brown glaze look which is very appealing. Learn how to make mutton fry.
Serves: 2 – 3
- 500 gms mutton pieces with bones
- 2 Large Onions fine4ly sliced
- 2 – 3 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 2 tblsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 tblsp Curd (Dahi)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tblsp Mustard Oil
- Salt to taste
Masala To Grind:
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorn
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 – 4 cloves
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 1 tblsp finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat a tawa and dry roast all the ingredients under the Masala section. Make sure not to burn the whole masala.
- When little cool grind to fine powder. Keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom kadai and heat the oil and add cumin seeds.
- When they begin to sputter add the sliced onions. Fry them till the onions change the color to dark brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste. Cook till all the raw smell disappears.
- Add the mutton pieces and fry them till all the juices get absorbed and the pieces get cooked.
- Now add the grinded powder masala, red chilly and cook for 1 minute and then add the whisked curd.
- Let the curd get fully absorbed and oil gets released from the sides.
- If the mutton is still uncooked add 1/2 cup of warm water and cook further till all the water dries out.
- All the pieces should be coated with all the masala.
- Finally add the green chillies. Mix well.
- Cook for another minute.
- Take out the mutton fry in a bowl and garnish with chopped green coriander.